Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Urban Legend?

"There's a story told about Bush's visit to the World Trade Center, right after the attack.

He was chatting with some hard hats, and he looked at this one guy and said, "What can I do for you?"

And the man said, "Help the widows and orphans."

And Bush said, "No, what can I do for you?"

And the man said, "You go find whichever m--f-- did this and you kill him and his wife and his mother and his children and his dog and everyone who so much as served him a cup of coffee."

And Bush said, "You won't be disappointed."


That little story comes from when Bush was touring Ground Zero after September 11th. Whether it is true or not, I have no idea. But given the remarks he made later, ostensibly it was the sameday he said "I hear you. The world hears you. .." I wouldn't be all the surprised if he did say that.

Hat Tip John

No comments: