Day is done
Gone the sun
From the lakes
From the hills
From the sky
All is well,
safely rest.
God is nigh.
Fading light
Dims the sight
And a star
Gems the sky,
Gleaning bright
From afar,
Drawing nigh,
Falls the night.
Thanks and praise,
For our days,
Neath the sun,
Neath the stars,
Neath the sky,
As we go,
This we know,
God is nigh.
There are really no, what could be called "official" lyrics to Taps, however, those lyrics above are used the most often (based upon a Google Search).
Below are some other lyrics to Taps I found on Argghhh!!! The Home of Jonah's Military Guys
Day is done.
Gone the sun.
From the lake,
From the hill,
From the sky.
All is well,
Sleep tonight.
God is nigh.
Sleep well, silent warriors.
Whenever I hear Taps I am constantly reminded of just how lucky I am to be alive, safe and sound at home, when so many of my brothers will never be. I am constantly reminded, by Taps, that freedom is not free.
Sleep well, my fallen brothers in arms. Your fight has ended.
Semper Fi
No comments:
Post a Comment